Compiling error for aravis-0.7.3

Hi, I’m try to compiling the aravis-0.7.3 as the commads as below:
meson build
cd build
ninja

and then , the error details as below:

root@ck-virtual-machine:/home/ck/working/IndustryCameraSdk/aravis-0.7/aravis-0.7.3/build# ninja 
[117/144] Generating Aravis-0.8.gir with a custom command.
FAILED: /usr/bin/g-ir-scanner --no-libtool --namespace=Aravis --nsversion=0.8 --warn-all --output src/Aravis-0.8.gir -DARAVIS_COMPILATION -I/home/ck/working/IndustryCameraSdk/aravis-0.7/aravis-0.7.3/src -I/home/ck/working/IndustryCameraSdk/aravis-0.7/aravis-0.7.3/build/src --filelist=/home/ck/working/IndustryCameraSdk/aravis-0.7/aravis-0.7.3/build/src/25a6634@@aravis-0.8@sha/Aravis_0.8_gir_filelist --include=GObject-2.0 --include=Gio-2.0 --symbol-prefix=arv_ --identifier-prefix=Arv --pkg-export=aravis --cflags-begin '-DARAVIS_GETTEXT="aravis-0.8"' -I/usr/local/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include/libmount -I/usr/include/blkid -I/usr/include/uuid -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I/usr/include/libusb-1.0 --cflags-end --library aravis-0.8 -L/home/ck/working/IndustryCameraSdk/aravis-0.7/aravis-0.7.3/build/src -L/usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -L/usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -lglib-2.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lgio-2.0 -lxml2 -lz -lm -lusb-1.0
Couldn't find include 'GObject-2.0.gir' (search path: ['/usr/share/ubuntu/gir-1.0', '/usr/share/gnome/gir-1.0', '/usr/local/share/gir-1.0', '/usr/share/gir-1.0', '/var/lib/snapd/desktop/gir-1.0', '/usr/share/gir-1.0', '/usr/share/gir-1.0', '/usr/share/gir-1.0'])

I can’t find the GObject-2.0.gir in anywhere.
How can I get the GObject-2.0.gir ?
Pls help me how to resovle the problem.

Hi fwanghuan,

Welcome here!

You are missing the gobject introspection files for Glib. On ubuntu, they are provided by gir1.2-glib-2.0.

Emmanuel.

Hi emmanuel,

Thanks for reply.

I’m sure I have already installed the gir1.2-glib-2.0 by the command “apt-get install gir1.2-glib-2.0”, and in the directory “/usr/share/gir-1.0”, I can’t find both the GObject-2.0.gir and Gio.gir.

So, what can I do in the next step?

You also need to install libgirepository1.0-dev.

Cheers.

Hi, Thanks. It works well after install libgirepository1.0-dev.