Frame timeout with triggering by encoder signal

I’ve got a problem with one vision task. I am taking frames by the line scan camera which is triggered by an encoder signal. When the motion of the conveyor goes slow, I can not receive complete buffer, because of timeout. Maximal value of timeout in Aravis is ten seconds, but sometimes I have to wait for one minute for the next packets of the frame.
Do you have any idea how to handle this problem?

I’m not sure to understand what you mean. Where did you got this 10 second maximum timeout value ? You want to be able to wait for a minute, or be notified earlier something goes wrong.

Emmanuel.

Sorry, I didn’t reply for a long time.

Packet timeout, in µs. Flags: Read / Write Allowed values: [1000,10000000] Default value: 40000
10 seconds is maximal packet-timeout value.
To answer your question: yes I want to be able to wait for a minute or even more.

I understand that increasing a packet-timeout here is not a good idea, but I don’t have any other.

Hi @madamczyk,

I have pushed a patch to master that remove the restrictions on the packet timeout and frame retention values:

I am interested in hearing more about your setup. What device are you using ? Is it really making a frame built from consecutive linear scans ? This device really starts the frame emission after the first linear scan ?

Cheers,

Emmanuel.