Getting full frame size from aravis gstreamer for matrix visionn camera

Hi there,

I have a matrix vision camera (mvbluefox) that has 30962080 resolution.
I am trying the get the full frame resolution out of the aravis gstreamer element but the maximum it gives me is 1920
1080. When I use the aravis GUI, I can get the full resolution though.

Please provide me with suggestion on how to get full frame resolution. The answer is critical for our application.

Best Regards,
Farouq

HI Farouq,

We need more information. Could you describe the gstreamer pipeline you are using ? Did you try with a simple one ?

Hi,

It seems that the problems is resolved now and we can get the full frame.

Good to know. Mind to share how you solved your issue ? It may help other aravis users.

Hi,

I did not do anything rather than turning the raspberry pi off and on.
I have another issue. When I use the aravis element within a gstreamer pipeline, it works without sudo on the rasberry pi. When I use sudo at the beginning it says: " no such element or plug in aravissrc".

exmple:
gst-inspect-1.0 aravissrc — > working
sudo gst-inspect-1.0 aravissrc — > not working, " no such element or plug in aravissrc".

How do I fix this problem ? My hardware is raspberry pi. I use legacy buster OS.

Regards,
Farouq

Probably a difference in the root and user environment. what gives echo $PATH and echo $GST_PLUGIN_PATH as user and as root ?

I fixed the issue by copying the aravis libraries from /usr/local/lib to /usr/lib

sudo cp -r /usr/local/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/* /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/

Regards,
Farouq