Introspection error after install

Hi, new to linux so bear with me!!

I’ve completed a clean install of Aravis-0.6.4 and been able to use the viewer to open the stream from my Teledyne Genie Nano (I’m unable to control the exposure though so have pretty much a full white image, that’s a help request for another time though…)

I then tried to install python-aravis though I discovered I did not build with introspection. I recompiled a new tarballs download with --enable-introspection=yes but this has not allowed python-aravis to work. I get the error:

gus@gus-VirtualBox:~/GigE-V/python-aravis-master$ python3 setup.py
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "setup.py", line 9, in <module>
    import make_deb
      File "/home/gus/GigE-V/python-aravis-master/make_deb.py", line 9, in <module>
    import aravis
      File "/home/gus/GigE-V/python-aravis-master/aravis.py", line 9, in <module>
    from gi.repository import Aravis
      File "/home/gus/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/gi/importer.py", line 133, in load_module
    'introspection typelib not found' % namespace)
    ImportError: cannot import name Aravis, introspection typelib not found

My suspicion is that the second compilation has not “overwritten” the first? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Gus

Having investigated further, I’ve found the solution buried away in this github issue thread. It involved creating a link between the aravis.typelib destination from compilation and the /usr/lib/girepository-1.0/ folder.