Can I get register name from feature name?

I am trying to get the address of a register. However, I would like to do so from a feature name. I see that there is a function for getting a register address given a register name. Is it possible to get a register name from a feature name? For example, assume I have the following in the camera’s XML file.

<Float Name="Gain" NameSpace="Standard">
  <!-- ... -->
  <pValue>pGainReg</pValue>
</Float>
<FloatReg Name="pGainReg">
  <Address>0x1234</Address>
  <!-- ... -->
</FloatReg>

What I would ideally like to do is something like this (which obviously doesn’t exist):

gint64 address = arv_gc_register_get_address_from_feature_name("Gain");

I would be perfectly happy if there were intermediate steps in between, such as getting the Gain feature node first, then getting its register name, then getting the register address from the register name. Unfortunately, I have not been able to figure out how to do this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

In order to try to be more clear, I would like to be able to make some sequence of function calls to get from the string “Gain” to the address 0x1234 in my example above, without needing to know the register name “pGainReg” a priori.

Hi,

It is not implemented, and possibly not trivial to implement, as a feature is not always tied to only one register, and in some case it does not even use a register.

OK, thank you for your response. I’ll have to stick with knowing the register naming scheme then.